We are currently looking for a part time Painting and Drawing Teacher for our evening and weekend classes and that can also join our creative team in the Art Courses department.
Who Are You?
The ideal candidate must have knowledge about fine art techniques in the academic tradition. You will be responsible for teaching some of our weekly art courses. In particular:
- We are looking for a passionate teacher that will provide excellent guidelines in applying techniques and materials.
- The teacher must possess patience and willingness to deal with both young (children or teens) and adult students from different backgrounds and with different levels of skill
- The ideal candidate should have some previous experience in teaching drawing and painting and should have a strong portfolio.
- The candidate is required to have an artistic academic background, with an excellent understanding of techniques and the use of oil paint, acrylics, watercolours and charcoal.
- The candidate will be able to recognise the needs and skill levels of each student and adapt their tuition accordingly.
- An understanding of human anatomy is a requirement.
You will also be working on our upcoming online art courses with our in-house team during dedicated office hours. Our online courses will provide rigorous and structured tuition on a variety of media (e.g. oil, acrylic, watercolours, drawing, etc.). Therefore, knowledge on materials, techniques, and different genres are essential (from how to hold a brush to how to depict the most complex subjects).
Your main role will be focused on devising a written structure and script for the online courses, highlighting what each of these should cover, the materials that should be used, and the techniques that should be taught. This role, alongside the rigorous training in academic art required to teach our on-site classes, requires the ability to organise written content in a coherent and clear manner.
You will work 3.5 days a week. One to two days delivering on-site art courses (4 hours each day) and two days working with our team on our online art courses from 10am to 6pm.
The hours for our on-site classes are flexible as we have classes during late afternoon and early evening as well as weekends throughout the whole week. This means that you will be able to purse your other commitments outside of the centre. The on site classes have maximum 10 students.
You will work on a probation period for 2 months. After this time, you can choose to continue with the same working hours as a freelancer or consider the opportunity to work on a full-time basis on our courses for 5 days a week.
Pay Rate and Benefits
- The pay rate is of £15 per hour for our on-site classes and £10 for office work with our online art courses department.
- Opportunity for teacher to exhibit their work in the gallery and feature on our website/ social media.
About Sunny Art Centre
The Sunny Art Centre is a leading art institution located on the historically rich Gray’s Inn Road, one of the busiest high streets in the heart of London. The history of this location is particularly important to the identity and standards which the gallery unwaveringly aspires to. The Honorable Society of Gray’s Inn dates back to 1370 and was also home to Sir Francis Bacon as well as being where Shakespeare first performed his plays.
Sunny Art Centre organises art exhibitions with creatives from all over the world.The Sunny Art Prize and the London Pop Up Art Fair provide artists with international platforms to showcase their talent. Furthermore, the Centre’s Art Courses offer both art lovers and art students the chance to learn from world-leading tutors trained in the best art academies.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: £15.00 /hour
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please email to email@example.com with a copy of your CV along with a digital version of your portfolio with images/photos of your work IN THE CV (mandatory AND NOT TO BE INCLUDED ON A SEPARATE FILE) or the application will not be accepted.
Your work must show your abilities with both drawing and painting techniques. Please bear in mind that due to the high volume of applications we can only contact successful candidates.