• Collaboration with Givenchy – Yinjie Sun has created exquisite hand painted floral patterns on the glass of a new collection of perfumes. The products have been displayed on the ground floor at Harrods and the event has been featured on Givenchy’s social media platforms. The intricate hand-crafted designs are based on the concepts behind the fragrances and their floral notes. Ten different designs for ten different bottles. This exhibition started 1st October and ran until 20th October 2016. For more information visit Givenchy and Harrods’s websites.
• Invited by the School of History and Cultures, University of Birmingham to organise a Calligraphy and Chinese painting workshop for their undergraduate students.
• Invited by BBC Worldwide for a Chinese painting and Calligraphy workshop.
• Commissioned by Selfridges&Co to create a series of paintings to be displayed at their department store in London.
• Invited by the Royal Academy of Art to lead their October Chinese painting / Calligraphy workshop.
• Shortlisted for the Sky Art Landscape Artist of the year 2015. The program, which was filmed in Waddesdon Manor, Trelissick, and Lyme Park, featured several artists producing a timed painting inspired by their surrounding environment. The programme was broadcast by Sky Arts.
• Commissioned by the renowned fashion brand Viktor & Rolf to decorate a line of their perfume bottles and gift card designs. The bottles were exhibited at Harrods. To celebrate this collaboration, Harrods hosted a workshop by Yinjie from the 3rd to the 16th of May.
• Commissioned by Selfridges&Co. to create art pieces to be used on their gift cards.
• Invited by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) to lead a drawing workshop for their employees.
• Commissioned by Giorgio Armani to design limited edition perfume boxes. The designer perfume boxes were displayed at the Giorgio Armani stores in Selfridges , Harrods, Harvey Nicols, House of Fraser and Westfield in London
• Group show at the Museo Ramon Maria Aller Museum, in Lalin Spain
• Participated in the ‘Riverside Artists Group 2014′ at the Hortensia Gallery, Kensington & Chelsea College, London.
• Participated in the ‘Open Exhibition’ at Dulwich Picture Gallery, London, with ‘Snowy No.1′ and ‘Snowy No.2′. The exhibition was curated by Sackler Director Ian A C Dejardin.
• Commissioned by HSBC, Yinjie Sun organised and arranged a series of Chinese Painting and Calligraphy workshops as part of HSBC’s in-branch interactive activity sessions. These workshops took place in a variety of branches around the UK, including in Leeds, Manchester, London, Liverpool, Sheffield and Reading.
• The painting ‘Crucifixion’ was selected by Artgemini Prize at the Rebecca Hossack Gallery, London.
• The painting ‘Railway Station’ was selected by The Sunday Times Watercolor Competition at The Mall Gallery, London.
• The painting ‘Life and Death’ was selected by Caissa Rising Artists Competition at the Today Art Museum, in Beijing, China.
• Lost in Myths Yinjie Sun’s solo exhibition, at Asia House, London.
• Participated at the 1st Biennale of Chinese Artists, at Asia House, London.
• Participated in the “Zhongshan Park Project “ and had 3 works exhibited in the group show “On the Way Home” at the 9th Shanghai Biennale, in Shanghai, China.
• United Society of Artists – Summer Exhibition at The Crypt Gallery, Norway Square, St.Ives, in Cornwall, UK.
• Group show “Save the Date – Creative Cities Collection” – Hosted by The China Society for Promotion of Culture and Art Development, China International Culture Association, Beijing Association for the Promotion of Olympic Related Culture, Global Cities Foundation and Strategic Asia Europe, at the Barbican Centre, London.
• Group show “Shorelines”, at the Town Hall Museum of Castro Urdiales, in Castro Urdiales, Spain
• Group show “The Boat of 2012″, at the Today Art Museum, in Beijing, China.
• Solo show at the Museum of East Asian Art, in Bath, UK.
• Solo show at the Museo Ramon Maria Aller Museum, in Lalin, Spain.
• Group show “Fusion”, at the Institute of Physics, in London.
• Group show “Once Upon A Winter Time”, at Hackney Downs Studios, London.
• Group show “40*40″, at the Riverside Studio, London.
• Group show, at the Axolotl Gallery, Edinburgh.
• Group show “The First Principle”, at The Gallery In Cork Street, London.
• Group show at the Shengyang Industrial Museum, Shengyang, China.
• Group show “Independent Speech”, at the Today Art Museum, Beijing, China.
• Group exhibition “Now and Then”, at the Museum Municipale de Ourense Spain.
• Group show at the London Canal Museum, London.
• Group show “Dragon’s in the Lion’s Den-Chinese Contemporary Art, from Beijing to London”, at the Forman’s Smokehouse Gallery, London.
• The painting “Peach Orchard” was selected by the Victoria and Albert Museum and exhibited in the Raphael Gallery, London.
• Group show – Organised by Macau Artist Society, in Macau.
• The 6th Culture and Art Festival of Songzhuang China, at the Sunshine International Art Museum, Beijing, China.
• “London Calling”, at the Museo Ramon Ma Aller Museum, in Lalin, Spain.
• “Works on Canvas”, at the Riverside Studios, London.
• Group exhibition at the Bargehouse OxO Tower Wharf, London.
• Riverside Artists’ group exhibition, at the Riverside Studio, London.
• Re-designed Chinatown UAL Chinese Students Exhibition-Sponsor by London Chinese Association, LCF, London.
• “Souvenir” solo exhibition, at the Central Saint Martins Gallery, London.
• 20/21 International Art Fair, Royal College of Art, London.
• Autumn exhibition, at the 77 Gallery, London.
• The Prince’s Drawing School, Draw Together exhibition, London.
• Exhibition at Loveworld TV, London.
• Exhibition in Camberwell College of Art, London.
• Since 2011, curator in Creative Network Partners in London.
• Main curator of the group show “The First Principle” at The Gallery in Cork Street, London.
• The main curator for the group show “Dragon’s in the Lion’s Den – Chinese Contemporary Art, from Beijing to London”, at the Forman’s Smokehouse Gallery in London, UK.
• Freelance Curator for The Department of International Development Fine Arts School Affiliated to China Central Academy of Fine Arts.
• Main curator of the UK section in the 2010 “The 6th Culture and Art Festival of Songzhuang China”, at the Sunshine International Art Museum in Beijing, China.
• Coordinator of the “Trace Your Memory of London Chinatown Photo Contest”, at the Charing Cross Library in London.
• The State Council News Office published a review for the exhibition “The First Principle” for which Yinjie Sun was the main curator. The State Council News Office is the chief administrative body for the People’s Republic of China.
• Participated in the group show in Ourense Art Museum, Spain, sponsored by the Ourense City Council, see Exhibition’s Catalogue.
• The Painting “Here Today, Gone Tomorrow ” was published in People’s Daily Newspaper. This is the biggest newspaper for the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China.
• China News published a review of Sun’s group show “Dragon’s in the Lion’s Den-Chinese Contemporary Art, from Beijing to London”. China News is the second largest state-owned news agency in the People’s Republic of China. It serves mainly overseas Chinese and residents of Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan.
• Work published in Chinese Weekly newspaper.
• Wrote the article “A glimpse of Contemporary British Art” which was published in the catalogue for the “2010 6th Culture and Art Festival of Songzhuang China” at the Sunshine International Art Museum, the biggest art museum in China.
• Participated in the group show “London Calling” in Museo Ramon Ma Aller Museum, Lalin, Spain. See exhibition catalogue.
Ourense museum, in Ourense Spain
The Sunshine International Art Museum, in Beijing, China
The Museo Ramon Ma Aller Museum, in Lalin, Spain